Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Antoinette Dress

Antoinette Dress by nest full of eggs
 I have 3 dresses completed, but it has been difficult as of late to take photos and blog about them. Good news though, I have one to share today.

This Antoinette sewing pattern is simply divine… lovely bow collar, 2 pleats on the skirt in the front, teardrop pockets, piping, V-neck back. I have been wanting to sew one up since December and now one is finally made.
Antoinette Dress by nest full of eggs
 Project details
Pattern: Antoinette (comes in sizes 104, 116, and 128 cm = 4, 6, and 8 years) by Nele
Size: 116 cm with 128 cm length for the skirt
Fabrics: cottons in robin's egg blue, pastel pink, light green, bodice lining in white cotton voile
Notions: 7-9 inch invisible zipper

The tutorial is in Dutch, and even though I copied and pasted all the instructions into google translate, I mostly relied on the well photographed steps.

Antoinette Dress by nest full of eggs
 For the interior I finished the bodice/skirt seam with bias tape and the skirt side seams with clean finish seams.
Antoinette Dress by nest full of eggs
 I have been having fun trying different collars lately… origami, flap… it's so hard to pick a favorite, but maybe this bow collar is my favorite.
Antoinette Dress by nest full of eggs
This is a fun dress to play around with color blocking… just think about all the possible color combinations!

A pretty pastel dress... just in time for Easter.

PS If you would like the Antoinette pattern/tutorial, be sure to let me know.